Saturday, January 3, 2009

Alone time

I truly enjoy my alone time. More than most people I think. I love getting out on my own for shopping or catching a movie alone. It is great sitting there watching a good flick with no one to bother you. Just you and the story and some great candy that you snuck in inside your big purse and maybe a bottle of water.

Then there is another kind of alone. An entire weekend alone with just one kid. The hubby and 12 year old are off on a hunting weekend and 5 yr old and I are ALLLLLLLL alone.

I love him dearly, BUT for the love of GOD he is a challenge.

I have already yelled at him today and they have only been gone for an hour and a half.

I will truly promise to try very very very very hard to not lose it this weekend. I hope to keep him busy and entertained but still have a little time to relax and enjoy some reading or a good lifetime movie.

If he would just listen, listen the 1st time and not the 2nd, 3rd, or 12th time of telling him to do or not to do something.

That is all I ask, is that really too much?

6 comments:

  1. As boys, we learn about and practice selective hearing at a very early age. Glad to read that your five year old is well on his way to becoming a well adjusted male. :) He'll make someone a wonderful husband one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I posted a blog to answer your comment. Thanks for checking on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's five....lol. Just wait till he is 16 years old and you might wish you had your five year old back....

    I enjoy my quiet time too. I can watch my favorite channel on TV and not have someone say, "Why do you watch that channel?" I can eat what I want, sleep in the middle of the day, if I want to..... It is fun to have that every once in a while. My husband goes to visit with his parents about three times a year and I enjoy my time to myself then. I am happy to see him when he gets back, but it's nice to have my own time when he is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quiet time is nice, but to much is lonesome :(

    I hope you survived your weekend, Bella!

    Freezing in Vegas this morning.
    How's Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like a large regular coffee with double cream please....G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oy vey. I hate the NOT LISTENING CHILDREN of this world. Mine's included in the bunch these days, and I loathe it.

    After I finally take away almost everything he loves, imitate his meltdown (so MATURE, I know), and get through his stinking skull that he WILL have to follow directions, I always end up saying, "Buddha, isn't it just EASIER to just listen? Isn't this just SIMPLER? I don't like it when we fight."

    He'll agree wholeheartedly.
    Until the next set of directions for something SIMPLE comes along. You know, something like, "Please take off your shoes and put them in your cubby so Mommy can help you take a shower."

    How DARE I ask such things of him? I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete