Friday, December 19, 2008

"Oh the weather outside........"

I LOVE Christmas music. It has been stuck in my head for weeks. I listen to it every chance I get. I have had Feliz Navid stuck in my head, that Up on the rooftop song, silent night, and many more. It is like my own little inner concert!!

Last week my oldest had his Winter Band Concert. That was awesome. He is really talented on his trumpet. The older kids, Honor Band - they were downright amazing. They did this Calypso Jingle Bells thing, WOW!! This one girl played the BONGO's and I was totally mesmerized by the talent around me. Remember these are 12, 13 and maybe a couple 14 year olds thrown in there if they have a late b-day like my son. Then at the end they did this special song, damned if I cannot remember it right now, I think it was Jingle Bell Rock and all the private lesson teachers were part of it and those guys were FREAKING AWESOME!! A couple of them had white hair and I guess in their 60's and they were ROCKIN!!

Yesterday I went to my preschoolers program and that was a total HOOT. They were all over the place. Half of them were too far ahead in the songs. OH and then jingle bells - they could not get the kids to move to the second verse, it was Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, JIngle all the way...over and over and over again! Finally the Assistant Director got them on the next part but then as soon as they got the Jingle Bells again you would have thought someone had hooked them up to speakers! It was this whoosh loudness.......ohhhhhhhhhh JINGLE BELLS.

It was great. I seriously go to bed at night singing Christmas songs.

OH, GOSH and If I forget to mention the MOVIES!! THE MOVIES. HOLIDAY MOVIES, LOVVVVVVE THEM!!!

I can spend hours watching holiday movies. I am constantly checking Lifetime and the Hallmark Channel for one I have not seen. Last night on Hallmark it was The Christmas Choir. Anyone see it? Jason Gedrick starred - he was in movies back in the 80's. The most famous one I can think of was Iron Eagles with Lou Gossett Jr. I think that was the name of it. Rhea Perlman was in it as well, from CHEERS! Anyway, it was about a homeless shelter and a group of men form a Choir. It was very moving and the singing was PHENOMONAL, probably spelled that wrong, yeah I have spell check, do I care - NO!

I could seriously go on and on, but I have work. SO with that...........

HAPPY FRIDAY, have a great weekend and make sure you catch a good holiday movie this weekend.

toodles

2 comments:

  1. Jodes! Hey!
    Love the new blog look. Wow! Fancy.

    Merry Xmas.

    When I'm singing my christmas carols I'll think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodie-Girl...Glad you're back baby-cakes!!
    G-Man

    ReplyDelete